Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls for an eligibility office
- Explain the in-person application process for eligibility for ADA paratransit (The Handi-Van) and schedule appointments and transportation for people to apply
- Respond to inquiries from a wide-range of callers using professionalism and discretion in responding to questions and referring them to the appropriate personnel
- Perform accurate data entry using custom data management software
- Act as administrative/clerical support; performing a wide variety of administrative duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you have:
- At least six months of recent experience handling a variety of clerical/administrative functions in an office environment.
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone and in-person contacts
- Ability to relate empathetically with clientele who are elderly and have physical, developmental, mental, and sensory disabilities
- Computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, and MS Office
- Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines and equipment including computer terminal and software, copier, printer, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Ability to read handwritten, printed material and a computer screen
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate in person and by telephone
- High School Diploma required. Preferably, a two-year degree in a related discipline (experience may be substituted for education)
- Full time position with convenient office hours of Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm – shifts may vary as assigned
- Negotiable based on experience
- Medical and Dental Coverage (100% employer-paid for employee coverage and generous employer contribution toward dependent coverage)
- 12 paid vacation days per year; 12 paid sick leave days per year; 12 1/2 paid holidays per year; 4 paid floating holidays per year with optional payout once per year
- Extremely Generous flexible spending accounts for qualifying out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent day care expenses (50% employer match toward annual election) company pays for 50% of qualifying out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent expenses
- Employer-paid retirement plan after 2 years of employment
- Additional supplemental insurances including: short term disability, long term disability, accident and much more!
Medical Class – Light Work:
- This class will require light physical effort which may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to twenty-five pounds
- Some bending, stooping, and/or squatting
- Mobility to work in a standard office environment
- Ability to read handwritten and printed material on a computer screen
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate in person and by telephone.
This position is opened until filled. Please visit www.paratransit.org for more information.
Please email a complete application packet consisting of all of the following three items to Chris M. Brown, SHRM-SCP, SPHR at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A cover letter, detailing your experience and how it relates to the position
- A current resume
- A completed Paratransit, Inc. application (available here)
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations and pass a criminal background check.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.