Paratransit, Inc. is seeking a full time, combination FileMaker Developer and Web Developer to assist in the design and development of our numerous FileMaker databases and web applications. This position is a member of a small team requiring flexibility and the ability to take on a variety of concurrent programming and technical tasks. The ideal candidate must show initiative, be a team player, and have the ability to communicate effectively with peer developers and internal and external customers. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Develop and maintain FileMaker databases, layouts, scripts and reports.
- Create flexible new database layouts with comprehensive table structure within FileMaker.
- Design, develop and implement new web applications.
- Perform debugging and testing.
- Define the integration between existing and proposed development projects and existing systems, software and hardware.
- Remotely support field office employees with general technical issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR 2+years demonstrable development experience with FileMaker or PHP and the LAMP stack.
- 2 years experience with FileMaker Pro development.
- Relational database and data security skills including creating, modifying, querying, and coding using SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Experience designing and executing Crystal Reports against various database types.
- Experience with FileMaker WebDirect, FileMaker Server, and FileMaker PHP Web Publishing
- Experience with a versioning system (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience designing mobile applications for either iOS or Android OS.
- Experience with a MVC framework (Laravel, Codeigniter, etc.)
This is an outstanding opportunity with a great company that provides a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, tax-sheltered annuity, paid vacation, sick leave, and designated holidays. Limited telecommuting available.
Compensation will be $26-$30 per hour, based on experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 2501 Florin Road Sacramento, California 95822. Applications are available at our Florin Road office or here. Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration selection process. Due to the large volume of resumes received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone, email or in person inquiries from applicants.
No third parties please.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.