Human Resources Supervisor
To organize, direct, implement, coordinate, and supervise all activities and functions related to Paratransit’s human resources. Employees in this classification receive limited supervision from the Chief Administrative officer or his or her designee within a broad framework of policies and procedures, and direct, supervise, and formally evaluate the work of others. This job class exercises responsibility for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating employee benefit programs, responding to and resolving problems, and developing and implementing human resource policies and programs. This position is open until filled.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in public or business administration, human resource management or a closely related field; at least 2 to 4 years of progressively responsible human resource management experience, including labor management relations, and supervisory or program management capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience administering an internal complaint process and conducting investigations. Experience administering benefit and leave of absence programs.
- Experience with managing in a governmental/bargaining unit environment is preferred.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements
- A valid Class C California driver’s license.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP is preferred.
The minimum qualifications:
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and codes related to personnel issues, of labor relations and provisions of labor contracts, effective management and supervisory methods, techniques, and procedures, of personnel administration and supervisory methods, practices, and techniques, and current personnel administration practices, and modern business/management policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of proper record keeping functions and practices to include computerized record keeping methods, ability to learn, interpret, and apply Paratransit’s policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to assigned areas of responsibility and to interpret and apply effectively state, federal, and Paratransit regulations, codes, and requirements associated with assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to supervise the organization, prioritization, and management of assigned staff and workload effectively so as to meet established/specified time lines.
- Ability to train, direct, supervise, and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to communicate tactfully, persuasively, and effectively in both oral and written forms and to establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties, inspiring trust and confidence and building a positive rapport.
Starting at $62,400 to $66,560 (Depending on Qualifications)
Plus a generous benefits package
Applications are available here or in the Paratransit office lobby located at 2501 Florin Road.
This posting will remain open until filled. To apply, complete, sign and submit employment application and other required application materials to the lobby drop box Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, email us at email@example.com or mail to:
Linda Parker, Chief Administrative Officer
2501 Florin Road
Sacramento, CA 95822
Required Application Materials
- Paratransit, Inc.’s Employment Application
- Up-to-date resume with professional references
- Two letters of reference from individuals familiar with the applicant’s leadership skills and experience in satisfying the minimum qualifications
- A short essay composed by you describing what appeals to you about this job
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.