Mobility Trainer – Spokane
Paratransit, Inc. is now accepting applications for a full-time Mobility Trainer to provide
one-on-one training and support services to eligible mobility training program participants
in the safe and proper use of the city bus system and to inform community groups and
organizations of program services and recruit program participants.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Travel Instruction to persons with disabilities and the elderly
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Create and maintain applicant records using the Data Management System
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Lead group presentations and trainings
- Develops and maintains contacts with individuals and agencies that make referrals for mobility training
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, Word and Excel knowledge,previous Apple product knowledge is a benefit but not required
- Experience working with seniors and people with disabilities a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to teach ideas, concepts, and skills to the elderly and/or disabled effectively
- Ability to travel long distances between bus stops and destinations
This position is open until filled.
This position includes a very competitive benefits package.
Please submit an application packet consisting of:
- Letter of interest
- Recent resume
- Paratransit, Inc. application
Applications are available here or below.
Applications may be submitted by e-mail, fax, or in person. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of our application.
To apply, return the complete application packet to:
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.