Mobility Trainer – Spokane
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides one-on-one training and support services to the elderly and/or physically, developmentally, or mentally disabled residents in the safe and proper use of the regional transit bus system
- Utilizes a variety of training techniques such as modeling, repetition, and fading to instruct participants in proper bus use methods
- Provides training and instruction in a variety of areas including bus rules and regulations, appropriate public behavior, street crossing skills, emergency procedures and safety, how to read a bus schedule, landmark identification, bus pass procedures, etc.
- Conducts and/or participates in program orientation presentations to community groups and organizations to explain program services and operations; hands out and collects interest survey forms for recruitment purposes and completes appropriate referral forms
- Plans and develops individualized training schedules for program participants including identification of special training needs
- Develops and maintains contacts with individuals and agencies that make referrals for mobility training
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of the basic philosophies and practices associated with mobility training operations
- Ability to learn and apply Paratransit, Inc., policies and procedures as applied to mobility training functions
- Ability to learn and apply appropriate training methods, techniques, and procedures to practical situations
- Ability to plan, organizes, and prioritizes work tasks and assignments so as to meet established time lines
- Ability to respond to individual client’s needs effectively
- Full-time position. Generally M-F, 8-5. Some evenings and weekends.
- The salary is $11.00 to $13.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
- This position includes a generous benefits package including 100% employer paid medical coverage for the employee, holidays, sick leave, and vacation
This position is open until filled.
Please visit www.innovativeparadigms.com for more information
To apply please email a Cover Letter, detailing your experience and how it relates to the position and a Current Resume and a Completed Application to:
Sue Ellen Ash, Administrative Manager
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.