Paratransit, Inc. is now accepting applications for a full-time Transit Accessibility Evaluator. This position is based in Boston, MA. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
What you will do:
- Assess trips on public transportation routes for barriers that could prevent customers with disabilities from utilizing public transportation for that trip. Travel the path from the origin to transit stop, any transfer paths, and from transit stop to destination
- Use tools such as an inclinometer to measure steepness and slope and measuring wheel to measure distance
- Maintains detailed logs of route assessments and prepares required reports as needed using database management software
- Write clear step-by-step directions detailing the route the customer would need to take on fixed route public transportation and commuter rail
- Based on path of travel assessment, prepare and send letters to ADA paratransit customers who would be able to use fixed route public transportation instead of paratransit for requested trips, based on their particular conditions of paratransit eligibility
This job might be for you if:
- You have experience using public transportation
- You have knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- You have computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, and Microsoft Office
- You have excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team
- You pay close attention to details
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and can meet strict deadlines
Physical demands requirement – Medium Work:
- This position will require light physical effort which may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to twenty-five pounds. Some bending, stooping and/or squatting.
- This position requires employees to travel outdoors and use fixed route public transportation in varied weather conditions up to 8 hours a day
- This position will require the ability to navigate sidewalks, terrains, roads and uneven surfaces
- Full time position, days and hours may vary.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The starting salary range is $17-$18 per hour
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 12 paid vacation days per year; 12 paid holidays per year; 4 paid floating holidays per year with optional payout once per year
- Flexible spending account: company pays for 50% of qualifying out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent expenses (including daycare expenses incurred during work hours)
- Employer-paid retirement plan after 2 years of employment
This position is open until filled. To apply please send (email strongly preferred) a Cover letter detailing your experience and how it relates to the position, a Current resume, and your completed employment application to: Jamila Lee at JamilaL@paratransit.org.
1000 Massachusetts Ave. Suite 201
Boston MA, 02118
Fax number: 916-868-6214
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Please visit www.paratransit.org for more information
Paratransit, Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.