Join Paratransit, Inc. in our Boston office as a Travel Trainer!
What you will do:
- Provide Travel Instruction on the MBTA to seniors and persons with disabilities
- Lead group outreach presentations and training in the community
- Conduct accurate and timely intake assessments and training plans
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Identify barriers in path of travel
- Create and maintain applicant records using the Data Management System
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
This job might be for you if:
- You have experience working with seniors and people with disabilities
- You have knowledge about the MBTA system
- You have computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, and Microsoft Office
- You have knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- You have excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills
- You are able to work independently
- You pay close attention to details
- You work well in a fast-paced environment and can meet strict deadlines
- Full time position
- Monday-Friday hours vary
- The starting salary range is $18.00-$20 per hour depending on qualifications
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 12 paid vacation days per year; 12 paid holidays per year; 4 paid floating holidays per year with optional payout once per year
- Flexible spending account: company pays for 50% of qualifying out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent expenses (including daycare expenses incurred during work hours)
- Employer-paid retirement plan after 2 years of employment
Medical Class – Light Work:
- This class will require light physical effort which may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to twenty-five pounds. Some bending, stooping, and/or squatting.
- This class requires employees to perform travel training with trainees, which includes going distances of 1/4 a mile or more on different types of surfaces in and out of doors in varied weather multiple times per day.
This position is open until filled.
Please visit www.paratransit.org for more information.
To apply please send (email strongly preferred) a Cover letter, detailing your experience and how it relates to the position and a Current resume to:
Kelley Campbell, Program Manager
1000 Massachusetts Ave. Suite 201
Boston MA, 02118
Fax number: 617-337-2737
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.