Paratransit, Inc. is seeking a full time Web Developer to assist in the creation and maintenance of our database driven web applications. This position is a member of a small team requiring flexibility and the ability to take on a variety of concurrent programming tasks. The successful candidate must show initiative, be a team player, and have the ability to communicate effectively with peer developers and internal and external customers. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
- Design, development and implementation of new web applications.
- Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents as required.
- Perform debugging and testing.
- Define the integration between existing and proposed development projects and existing systems, software and hardware.
- Contribute to design and code reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field OR 2+ years demonstrable development experience with PHP and the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl, etc.)
- Relational database and data security skills including creating, modifying, querying, and coding with SQL.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with User Interface Design
- Experience designing and executing Crystal Reports against various databases
- Experience with FileMaker.
- Experience with a versioning system (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with a MVC framework (Laravel, Codeigniter, etc.)
- Experience with UNIX and UNIX commands
- Experience with a CMS system (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
This is an outstanding opportunity with a great company that provides a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, tax-sheltered annuity, paid vacation, sick leave, and designated holidays. Limited telecommuting available.
Compensation will be $23-$27 per hour, depending on experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with your completed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 2501 Florin Road Sacramento, California 95822. Applications are available at our Florin Road office or here. Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration selection process. Due to the large volume of resumes received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone, email or in person inquiries from applicants.
No third parties please.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.