Paratransit, Inc. is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant/Call Center Representative.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Handle inbound and outbound calls for a busy call center
- Explain the application process for eligibility for ADA paratransit (MBTA’s The RIDE) and schedule appointments for people to apply
- Respond to inquiries from a wide-range of callers using professionalism and discretion in responding to questions and referring them to the appropriate resources
- Perform accurate data entry using custom data management software
- Check-in visitors in the reception area and conduct a pre-application intake with applicants
- Act as administrative/clerical support; performing a wide variety of administrative duties as assigned
This job might be for you if you have:
- Two years of recent experience providing customer service and handling a variety of clerical/administrative functions in an office environment
- Ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls and in-person contacts
- Ability to relate empathetically with clientele who are elderly and have physical, developmental, mental, and sensory disabilities
- Computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, and MS Office
- Excellent writing ability and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office machines and equipment including computer terminal and software, copier, printer, telephone, fax machine, etc.
- Ability to read handwritten, printed material and a computer screen
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate in person and by telephone
- A two-year degree in a related discipline (experience may be substituted for education)
- COVID-19 Vaccination required within 2 weeks of employment
- Full time position with convenient and office hours of Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm – shifts may vary as assigned
- Full employer paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee starting after 30 days
- Insurance coverage available for family members at great rates
- 12 paid vacation days per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 4 paid floating holidays per year Flexible spending account: company pays for 50% of qualifying out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent expenses (including daycare expenses incurred during work hours) Up to $2500.00 match per account.
- Employer-paid retirement plan after 2 years of employment. No employee contribution required.
- Free coffee/tea at the office
Medical Class – Light Work:
- This class will require light physical effort which may include frequent lifting of up to ten pounds and occasional lifting of up to twenty-five pounds. Some bending, stooping, and/or squatting
This position is open until filled.
To apply please click the link below:
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations and pass a criminal background check.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.