Do you enjoy scheduling, organizing, helping seniors in your community and having most weekends and holidays off? If so then this job may be for you!
Paratransit, Inc. is now accepting applications for a full-time Mobility Options Program Assistant to provide technical and administrative assistance to the Mobility Options Program Manager in the operation of Paratransit’s mobility training and public outreach unit. This position exercises responsibility for performing a variety of tasks related to promoting, implementing and coordinating mobility programs, participation program registration and consumer education programs. This job class requires initiative and exercises independent judgment in the conduct of analysis of special projects, administrative assignments, and other duties as assigned. This is an office position not a remote position. The schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of computer software required in completing assigned functions, including but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Outlook, Google Docs, and Zoom.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License with no more than 2 points on driving record.
- Work or Volunteer experience working with community outreach programs is a plus.
- Professional and/or academic experience in presenting in front of large groups.
- Ability to hear, speak and communicate in person and by telephone
- Ability to read handwritten and printed material and a computer screen
- This job class also requires planning and organizational skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to work with others to accomplish assigned tasks. Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and prepare comprehensive reports and grants.
- Four years progressive customer service experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree required.
- COVID-19 vaccination and booster if eligible is required prior to first day of work.
- Must be able to pass a background check and driving check
The starting salary is $19.50 per hour. This position includes a generous benefits package, including free Kaiser medical and MetLife dental for employee, low cost benefits for dependents, vision, chiropractic and life insurance, voluntary benefits, medical and dependent day care FSA accounts and 401k plan with an employer contribution after two years of service. Medical and Dental benefits start the first of the months after 30 days of employment.
To apply, please click the link below. Please include a cover letter on why you believe you think you are a good fit for this position. Only completed applications will be considered:
Applications are not available for pick up or drop off at Paratransit. We are only accepting online applications at www.paratransit.org. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of our application. Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application. This position will remain open until filled.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.