Paratransit, Inc. is now accepting applications for a full-time Mobility Trainer. This position is based in our Sacramento, California office and trains throughout Sacramento County. The successful candidate will provide one-on-one training and support services to eligible mobility training program participants in the use of the public transit system; conduct accurate and timely program eligibility assessments and service orientations; and inform community groups and organizations of program services and recruit program participants. Applications will be accepted until position filled.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Travel Instruction to persons with disabilities and the elderly and youth ages 16-24
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Create and maintain applicant records using the Data Management System
- Conduct accurate and timely mobility intake assessments
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Lead group outreach presentations and trainings
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, Word and Excel knowledge, previous Apple product knowledge is a benefit but not required.
- Experience working with seniors and people with disabilities a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to teach ideas, concepts, and skills to the elderly and/or disabled effectively and youth ages 16-24
- COVID-19 Vaccination required
- Ability to travel long distances between bus stops and destinations
- Full-time position. Generally Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- $17.00 per hour
This position includes a generous benefits package, including free Kaiser medical and MetLife dental for employee, low cost benefits for dependents, vision, chiropractic and life insurance, voluntary benefits, medical and dependent day care FSA accounts and 403B retirement plan with an employer contribution after two years of service. Medical and Dental benefits start the first of the months after 30 days of employment.
To apply, please click the link below. Only completed applications will be considered:
Applications are not available for pick up or drop off at Paratransit. We are only accepting online applications at www.paratransit.org. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of our application. Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc., is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.