Paratransit, Inc. is now accepting applications for a Full-time Travel Trainer to provide one-on-one training and support services to eligible mobility training program participants in the safe and proper use of the city bus system and to inform community groups and organizations of program services and recruit program participants. This position is open until filled.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide Travel Instruction to persons with disabilities and the elderly
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Create and maintain applicant records using the Data Management System
- Conduct accurate and timely mobility intake assessments
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Lead group outreach presentations and trainings
The minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Computer skills including accurate typing, data entry, Word and Excel knowledge, previous Apple product knowledge is a benefit but not required.
- Experience working with seniors and people with disabilities a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to teach ideas, concepts, and skills to the elderly and/or disabled effectively
- Ability to travel long distances between bus stops and destinations
- COVID-19 Vaccination required
- Full-time position, Monday through Friday, 5 days a week. Hours are flexible, typically between 8am- to 5pm, occasional evenings and weekends are required.
This position includes a generous benefits package, including free medical and dental for employee, low cost benefits for dependents, vision, chiropractic and life insurance, voluntary benefits, medical and dependent day care FSA accounts and 403B retirement plan with an employer contribution after two years of service. Medical and Dental benefits start the first of the months after 30 days of employment. 12 paid holidays off per year, 4 floating holidays, 12 vacation days and more.
The starting salary is between $19.00 per hour depending on qualifications.
To apply, please click the link below. Only completed applications will be considered:
Successful applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Department of Homeland Security regulations.
Please note all applications will be reviewed within four weeks from the date they are received. If you have not been contacted by a member of our staff within 30 days from the date you submitted your application, you have not been selected for further consideration in the selection process. Due to the large volume of applications received, Paratransit, Inc. is not able to respond to telephone or in person inquiries from applicants regarding the status of their application.
Paratransit, Inc. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer.