Mobility Training provides assistance to people learning how to ride public transportation buses and light rail systems. Through our Mobility Training program, you’ll learn how to:
- Travel independently
- Gain a better understanding of the public transportation system
- Maneuver your mobility aids on the public transportation system
Call for more information or request for mobility training:
Phone: (916) 429-2009 (ext. 7232)
Mobility Training is subsidized by Paratransit, Inc., a federal community service block grant and other funding sources, and is provided to qualified individuals at no cost.
Paratransit Inc., Mobility Training Consulting Services are also available to agencies and transit providers on a fee basis.
Mobility Training includes:
- How to get to and from the bus stop or light rail train station.
- Training to specific destinations.
- How to identify landmarks.
What are the benefits of Mobility Training?
- You don’t need to rely on friends and neighbors.
- Freedom to go where and when you want.
- Increased confidence and independence.
Our expert trainers…
- Have in-depth experience with public transportation buses and rail systems.
- Ensure training is easy and comfortable.
- Ride with you on the bus or train.
- Work with your schedule.
- Show you how to plan your bus and light rail routes.
Mobility Training provides skills which allow you to travel to:
- Senior Centers
- Day Programs
- Shopping Centers
- Recreational Programs
- Visit Friends and Relatives
- Medical and Health offices
- Anywhere you want to go!
One-on-one or group training is available. Service Areas include:
- Fair Oaks
- Rancho Cordova
- Citrus Heights
- Rio Linda
- North Highlands
- West Sacramento
- Elk Grove
Please contact us for details.
Paratransit, Inc., now offers Mobility Training Consulting Services
Let Paratransit, Inc., help you save transit dollars and create transit options for individuals with disabilities and seniors in your community.
Mobility training, also known as travel training, is a way your agency can provide mobility options to seniors and people with disabilities, and save transit dollars by teaching them how to travel independently on existing modes of public transit.