Mobility Training Program
Mobility Training provides assistance to people learning how to ride Regional Transit (RT) buses and light rail. Through our Mobility Training program, you’ll learn how to:
- Travel independently
- Gain a better understanding of the RT system
- Maneuver your mobility aids on the RT system
Click here to view a powerpoint presentation outlining a recent cost benefit analysis of mobility training.
Call for more information or request for travel training:
Phone: (916) 429-2009 (ext. 7719)
Mobility Training is subsidized by Paratransit, Inc., Regional Transit, a federal community service block grant and other funding sources, and is provided to qualified individuals at no cost.
Click the video player at left to go to the video download page.
- How to get to and from the bus stop or light rail train station.
- Training to specific destinations.
- A free RT identification card and bus pass for the month of training.
- How to identify landmarks.
What are the benefits of Mobility Training?
- You don’t need to rely on friends and neighbors.
- Freedom to go where and when you want.
- Increased confidence and independence.
- Less expense than riding paratransit.
Our expert trainers…
- Have in-depth experience with RT’s bus and rail system.
- Ensure training is easy and comfortable.
- Ride with you on the bus or train.
- Work with your schedule.
- Show you how to plan your bus and light rail routes.
- Senior Centers
- Day Programs
- Shopping Centers
- Recreational Programs
- Visit Friends and Relatives
- Medical and Health offices
- Anywhere you want to go!
One-on-one or group training is available. Service Areas include:
- Fair Oaks
- Rancho Cordova
- Citrus Heights
- Rio Linda
- North Highlands
In some situations, we may also be able to provide training in:
West Sacramento, Davis, Woodland, Roseville, Rocklin, Elk Grove and Folsom. Please contact us for details.
Paratransit, Inc., now offers Mobility Training Consulting Services
Let Paratransit, Inc., help you save transit dollars and create transit options for individuals with disabilities and seniors in your community.
Mobility training, also known as travel training, is a way your agency can provide mobility options to seniors and people with disabilities, and save transit dollars by teaching them how to travel independently on existing modes of public transit.
Learn more about Mobility Training Consulting Services HERE.